The Mechan MS5 non contact safety switch has 2 normally open and 1 normally closed contacts and is available in a choice of cable input lengths or with a QD connector.
The Mechan MS5 non contact safety switch has 2 normally open and 1 normally closed contacts and is available in a choice of cable input lengths or with an LQD leaded connector.
This is a compact safety switch that is just 52mm wide and has a tolerance of 7-10mm which reduces the possibility of misalignment between the switch and actuator.
- Magnetic compact non-contact safety switch.
- Non-contact switches are more liable than mechanical as they no open parts that can break. They are also fully sealed to IP67.
- 2 magnetic safety blocks for non-contact safety applications.
- Contact Configuration: 2 N/O + 1N/C contacts*
- Voltage: 24V DC
- Current Rating: 0.3 Amp
- Cable Lengths: Available in 3, 6 or 10 metres pre-wired versions or with a QD Connector.
- Other variations of this product are available on request.
- Switching distance of: 7-10mm
- Material: ABS (stainless steel version also available)
- Manufacturer: Mechan Controls
- Regulation Standards: Compliant with BS and EU safety standards. See data sheet in data sheet tab for more information.
*Please note that the two normally open (N/O) are described when the switch and actuator are apart. The normally open will close when the actuator is brought within operating distance of the switch.
The Mechan MS5 is suitable for use in new and existing machine installations. If you're looking to replace an existing Allen Bradley / Guardmaster MC1 safety switch that has been damaged or failed, the MS5 can be used to replace it.
It has the same contact configuration, it's the same physical size and has the same fixing centres. More importantly it is offers a more cost effective solution.
Unlike the Guardmaster MC1, the Mechan MS5 is also available in a more robust stainless steel finish.
Specifications & Dimensions
Specifications BrandSpecifications Mechan Controls Cable Input Contact Configuration 2 N/O & 1 N/C Dimensions Located Below Specifications Table Material ABS Pack SizeSpecifications 1 Product TypeSpecifications Safety Switch Sku MS5-21-DC* VoltageSpecifications
AC standards for alternating current and DC standards for direct current.
Mains voltage is 230V AC and has a tolerance of 10%, some products are 220V or 240V AC which means they can be classed as mains voltage.
DC voltages usually require an LED driver to convert the mains voltage AC into low voltage DC. Popular DC voltages are 12V or 24V DC.
Q & A
Q & A
- Product Codes