The new HomeSmart EV (Electric Vehicle) Charge Points from market leaders Rolec are now available to order.
Smart EV charge points provide you with an intelligent control system and allows you to monitor your vehicles charging status and history.
The 32A Type 2 version is OLEV (Office for Low Emission Vehicles) registered which is aimed at users who meet the OLEV criteria. The other 32 models are not OLEV registered smart chargers, please contact us for OLEV versions of these and can provide a quotation.
Rolec HomeSmart EV WallPod charge points are an affordable solution for electric vehicle charging. WallPod EV chargers are available in tethered or socketed versions and in 16A (3.6KW) or 32A (7.2KW) versions.
The modern black and green design and easy to use App provides users with a superb smart vehicle charging solution.
The main difference between the output ratings is based on charging speeds, with the 3.6KW version charging in approximately 8 hours, which is recommended mainly for overnight charges. Compared with the 7.2KW version that charges around 90% of the battery in 3-4 hours.
The tethered versions come with a 5M cable and type 2 male connector fitted on the end. The non tethered versions come with a type 2 female socket and require additional cable sets (also known as cord sets) which are often supplied with the EV vehicle. Their are pros and cons to each version. The socket version allows you to insert different cable sets such as type 1 or type 2 which can make it a more universal charge point especially for commercial premises where more people will use it. Were as the tethered version is physically connected, like a petrol pump, so you're never going to lose the cable set or risk getting it taken.
Fitted with the industry standard type 2 socket, (with type 1 versions available on request). The worlds leading car manufacturers have adopted the type 2 connection system over type 1 and type 3. Type 2 has won the battle and has been selected by the European Commission as the dedicated connector type for EV charging points and vehicle's.
Further information about OLEV and EV charging is available on request, please email us at: [email protected] to request a call back or site visit from one of our EV charging specialists.
- Current rating: Available in 16A 3.6KW or 32A 7.2KW versions.
- Mode 3 charging socket
- Finish: Black/Green
- Start/Stop Charging
- Variable Charging Speeds (Amps)
- Unit Charging Status
- IEC 61851-1 Mode 3 fast charging
- Charging speeds - 3.6kW (16A) & 7.2kW (32A)
- Built-in modem and high gain GPRS signal antenna
- GPRS communication and back office connectivity
- Built-in roaming Sim card connects directly to the strongest signal
- Ultra Smart back office management
- Built-in overload and fault current protection (RCBO)
- Built-in LED charging status indicator
- Built-in class 1 MID compliant kWh meter
- Easy to install and maintain
- Full analytical feedback via the HomeSmart EV app
- EV driver can control the charging point using their mobile phone
- Certificated by the BSI as safe to use in the domestic environment
- IP65 Weatherproof & UV Stabilised
- Corrosion resistant, fire retardant & impact resistant design
- Operating temperature: -30 degree C to +50 degree C.
- Material: Polycarbonate
- Manufacturer: Rolec (Rolec WallPod)
- Guarantee: 3 years
- Width: 179mm
- Height: 465mm
- Depth: 142mm
Type 2 Socket
- Width: 214mm
- Height: 367mm
- Depth: 142mm
- EVHS2080 - 16A (3.6KW)
- EVHS2140 - 32A (7.2KW)
- EVHS2010 - 16A (3.6KW)
- EVHS2020/OLEV - 32A (7.2KW)