The Mechan MS5 in a stainless steel body is a non contact safety switch with 2 normally open and 1 normally closed contacts. Available in a choice of cable input lengths or with an LQD leaded connector.
This is a compact safety switch that is just 53mm wide and has a tolerance of 7-10mm which reduces potential misalignment issues between the switch and actuator.
- Magnetic compact non-contact safety switch.
- Non-contact switches are more liable than mechanical as they no open parts that can break. They are also fully sealed to IP67.
- 2 magnetic safety blocks for non-contact safety applications.
- Contact Configuration: 2 N/O + 1N/C contacts*
- Voltage: 24V DC (230V AC versions available on request)
- Current Rating: 0.3 Amp
- Cable Lengths: Available in 5 or 10 metres pre-wired versions or with a QD Connector.
- Other variations of this product are available on request.
- Switching distance of: 7-10mm
- Material: Stainless steel grade 316 (ABS version also available)
- Manufacturer: Mechan Controls
- Regulation Standards: Compliant with BS and EU safety standards. See data sheet in data sheet tab for more information.
*Please note that the two normally open (N/O) are described when the switch and actuator are apart. The normally open will close when the actuator is brought within operating distance of the switch.
Can be used to replace the Guardmaster MC1 safety switch to provide a more robust stainless steel alternative:
No product reviews received for product Mechan MS5 Non Contact Safety Switch Stainless Steel with product ID 35001.
See drawing below, all dimensions in millimeters:
With 2 Normally Open & 1 Normally Closed Contacts
- 354.058 (MS5-SS-21-DC-05M) 5 Metre input cable
- 354.060 (MS5-SS-21-DC-10M) - 10 Metre input cable
- 354.052 (MS5-SS-21-DC-LQD) - LQD Leaded Connector